This is a gorgeous cover! Songs of Love & Death is a forthcoming November 2010 anthology edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois. It is a book filled with fantasy and romance novellas—from some of the very best authors in both genres.
The cover, of course, is very evocative of its title!
Here’s the lineup for Songs of Love & Death:
- Jim Butcher, “Love Hurts” (a Harry Dresden story)
- Jo Beverly, “The Marrying Maid“
- Carrie Vaughn, “Rooftops“
- M.L.N. Hanover, “Hurt Me“
- Cecelia Holland, “Demon Lover“
- Melinda M. Snodgrass, “The Wayfarer’s Advice” (an em>Imperials story)
- Robin Hobb, “Blue Boots“
- Neil Gaiman, “The Thing About Cassandra“
- Marjorie M. Liu, “After the Blood“
- Jacqueline Carey, “You and You Alone” (a Kushiel story)
- Lisa Tuttle, “His Wolf“
- Linnea Sinclair, “Courting Trouble“
- Mary Jo Putney, “The Demon Dancer“
- Tanith Lee, “Under/Above the Water“
- Peter S. Beagle, “Kashkia“
- Yasmine Galenorn, “Man in the Mirror“
- Diana Gabaldon, “A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” (an Outlander spinoff)
I am sure in November I will be reading and reviewing many of the novellas in Songs of Love & Death. I will also try, like I did with the recently published Warriors anthology, to interview those same authors about their stories in this star-packed anthology.
More later this year!