New York Times best selling author J. W. Rinzler will be making one of his only East coast appearances at New York Comic Con to promote his soon to be released book, The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. He will host a panel about the making of the book at NYCC on Sunday from 12:00-1:00 and will have booth signings on Saturday and Sunday, times to be announced. The book hits bookstores on October 12, but Del Rey has arranged for the book to be available exclusively at the convention via our in booth bookseller, WORD. So convention attendees can purchase the book from WORD and get it signed by author J. W. Rinzler before the rest of the world even gets to see it! And if that’s not enough, the first 150 people to purchase the book from WORD either through pre-orders or at the convention will receive a limited edition poster that measures 28 x 22 inches. This poster is a NYCC exclusive and will only be available to those purchasing the book from WORD.
The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back offers the inside scoop on:
• the evolution of the script, from story conference and treatment to fifth draft, as conceived, written, and rewritten by George Lucas, famed science-fiction author Leigh Brackett, and screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan
• the development of new key characters, including roguish hero Lando Calrissian, sinister bounty hunter Boba Fett, and iconic Jedi Master Yoda
• the challenges of shooting the epic ice planet battle in the frozen reaches of Norway and of conjuring up convincing creatures and craft—from tauntauns and snowspeeders to Imperial walkers
• the construction of a life-sized Millennium Falcon and the swamp planet Dagobah inside a specially built soundstage in Elstree Studios
• the technique behind master Muppeteer Frank Oz’s breathing life into the breakthrough character Yoda
• the creation of the new, improved Industrial Light & Magic visual effects facility and the founding of the now-legendary Skywalker Ranch
Pre-order your copy of The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and get a limited edition poster while supplies last!
Order your copy from WORD and pick it up at the Random House booth #2122 at New York Comic Con, October 8-10, 2010. The exclusive poster has a limited print-run of only 150, so pre-order now!