There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds continued its Cage Match: Villains with some surprising results! And controversy! It also posted the first 50 pages of The Dreaming Void by Peter F. Hamilton as well as conducted an interview with Andrew Garfield, the next Spider-Man.
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com posted the first short story by new author Peter Orullian, titled Sacrifice of the First Sheason. Orbit Books posted thoughts from author Greg Bear about video games being an artform, and Pyr Books wrote about The Wolf Age by James Enge.
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 11/06/10:
- Interview: Towers of Midnight by Brandon Sanderson, conducted by A Dribble of Ink
- Review: Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher, read by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: Pegasus by Robin McKinley, read by Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review
- Review: Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson, read by Grasping for the Wind
- Comment: Spines In, posted by Janicu’s Book Blog
- Cover Art: Black Halo by Sam Sykes, posted by The Mad Hatter’s Bookshelf
- Excerpt: Shadowheart by Tad Williams, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Superman: Earth One by DC Comics, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Review: Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson, read by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…