Bioware, the developers of the hotly anticipated MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic appeared at a packed SDCC panel to pull back the curtain on a few more crucial details about the new game. Thanks to Gamespot, we’ve got full video coverage, but if you don’t want to watch the entire thing you can skip below for all the important details.
SDCC Panel: Important Facts:
* Your game introduction will change depending on your character class. Some of these classes include Jedi Knight, Trooper, Smuggler, Jedi Consular, Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent and Sith Inquisitor.
* Your missions will be dependent on your character’s in-game allegiance, so characters aligned with one group won’t receive the same missions their enemies will.
* You’ll have lots of companion options, with even more options to customize the appearance of these companions.
* This is going to be a huge universe: they’re planning on having 19 major worlds with lots of minor ones…and that’s just to start. Space travel should be easy, though: there will be a quick transportation system between worlds. The worlds themselves should be pretty darn big, too. For example: it will take over half an hour to travel across Tattooine! Don’t worry, though: there will be plenty of vehicle options to choose from.
* They’re looking at a release target of holiday season, 2011. Expect this one to be on a lot of people’s Christmas lists.
Meanwhile, Del Rey revealed the cover of Drew Karpyshyn’s upcoming novel, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan. This is the third novel Del Rey will publish that ties into the upcoming game. Each of the three novels, Fatal Alliance, Deceived, and Revan tells a stand alone story that will provide readers with an introduction to the world of the video game. In Revan, author Drew Karpyshyn, continues the story of the popular character from the two Knights of the Old Republic video games. Revan, the Jedi who had turned to the dark side and back again is now struggling to remember who he is and is haunted by a terrible secret he knows will threaten the existence of the Republic. Look for the exciting book on November 15, 2011.
Finally, one of the coolest things about Star Wars fandom is all of the collectibles, and SDCC brought the premiere of new merchandise from Gentle Giant and plenty of other companies large and small. Our friends at RebelScum.com got the scoop on all the goods.
Stay tuned to UNBOUND WORLDS for ongoing coverage of the Star Wars: The Old Republic game and all of the books in this exciting new chapter in the Star Wars saga.