There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds posted the First 50 Pages of Crucible of Gold by Naomi Novik. Matt Staggs Took Five with Elizabeth Moon, and he interviewed Anne Rice about her new book, The Wolf Gift. Aidan Moher posted News on Civilization 5. That’s not all though. Joe Scalora and David Pomerico revealed The Brackets for the 2012 Cage Match, and I posted New Release Interview: City of Dragons by Robin Hobb.
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com is reading Part 8 of A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin, Pyr Books revealed a short story A Trial of Blood and Steel, and Orbit Books has released many more ebooks in the catalog of Terry Brooks!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 2/25/12:
- Review: Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence, read by A Dribble of Ink
- Review: The Scar by Sergey and Marina Dyachenko, read by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: A Rising Thunder by David Weber, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: 11/22/63 by Stephen King, read by Fantasy Book Review
- Review: Poltergeist by Kat Richardson, read by Fantasy Literature
- Review: A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin, read by Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review
- Interview: James L. Sutter, posted by Grasping For the Wind
- Cover: Amped by Daniel H. Wilson, posted by The Mad Hatter’s Bookshelf
- Review: A Stark and Wormy Knight by Tad Williams, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Giveaway: Black Howl by Christina Henry, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Review: Iron Council by China Mieville, read by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…