There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds posted the First 50 Pages of To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis. Elio Garcia, Jr. reviewed Game of Thrones: The Old Gods & the New! Mac Beauvais posted Just What is Cosplay: Part 5. Matt Staggs interviewed Shawntelle Madison, author of Coveted. And I posted Creating The Annotated Sword of Shannara: Part IV!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com Revealed Their Own Post-Credits Scene, Pyr Books featured The Locus Awards, and Orbit Books posted the Prologue for 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 5/12/12:
- Review: The King’s Blood by Daniel Abraham, read by A Dribble of Ink
- Poll: Completed Series Follow-Up, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Giveaway: Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore, posted by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore, read by Fantasy Literature
- Review: Railsea by China Mieville, posted by Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review
- Interview: Susan E. Satterfield, posted by Grasping For the Wind
- Comment: New Procurements, posted by The Mad Hatter’s Bookshelf
- Giveaway: A Stark & Wormy Knight by Tad Williams, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Deadly Descendant by Jenna Black, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Review: The King’s Blood by Daniel Abraham, read by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…