There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of Fable: Edge of the World by Christie Golden. Fictional Frontiers posted 15 Minutes of Fiction with James Berardinelli. Matt Staggs asked Judge Dredd Movie Coming, But Will America Care?, as well as spoke with Mayan Apocalypse Author Dustin Thomason. Sarah Peed posted information about Two Ravens & One Crow by Kevin Hearne. And I posted Greg Bear Talks Curiosity & the Red Planet, as well as shared Creating The Annotated Sword of Shannara: Part V!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com posted an excerpt from Forge of Darkness by Steven Erikson, Pyr Books posted Top 10 Westerns: 2012, and Orbit Books posted the cover for Aralorn by Patricia Briggs!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 8/11/12:
- Review: The Batman Movie Trilogy, watched by A Dribble of Ink
- Review: The Hammer and the Blade by Paul S. Kemp, read by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Interview: Alex Bledsoe, posted by Fantasy Literature
- Question: UK or US Cover? The Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams, posed by Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review
- Interview: Sam Sykes, posted by Grasping For the Wind
- Interview: Jim Hines, posted by The Mad Hatter’s Bookshelf
- Excerpt: The Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Giveaway: Kitty Steals the Show by Carrie Vaughn, given by Sci-Fi Chick
- Comment: HBO Game of Thrones Riverrun Located, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…