There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of Wards of Faerie by Terry Brooks. Fictional Frontiers returns for 15 Minutes of Fiction: Rob Reid. Sarah Peed posted Cubicle at the End of the Universe. Matt Staggs featured Frickin’ Laser Beams Attached to Navy Ships, as well as Took Five with Lia Habel. And I interviewed Todd Lockwood: Wards of Faerie Art Contributor!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com continued to read A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin, Pyr Books videotapes its Fall/Winter catalog, and Orbit Books features Stephen Youll’s UK cover creation on Wards of Faerie by Terry Brooks!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 8/18/12:
- Review: Wards of Faerie by Terry Brooks, read by A Dribble of Ink
- Excerpt: Quintessence by David Walton, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Comment: Why Fantasy?, posted by Fantasy Book Critic
- Interview: Jim Butcher, posted by Fantasy Literature
- Comment: Forbidden Planet Events, posted by Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review
- Interview: Peter V. Brett, posted by Grasping For the Wind
- Cover & News: Cold Days by Jim Butcher, posted by The Mad Hatter’s Bookshelf
- Comments: Top-Earning Authors, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Seawitch by Kat Richardson, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Comment: Wheel of Time Re-Read, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…