There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of Tuf Voyaging by George R. R. Martin. Matt Staggs asked if you have Pets with Geeky Names, as well as wrote a convincing post why Star Wars fans should be Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn. Sarah Peed posted what’s New This Month From Del Rey. And I posted Chapter One from Bloodfire Quest by Terry Brooks?
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com featured Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson, Pyr Books featured 5 Questions To Great Story, and Orbit Books features a post about the post-Tolkien world!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 1/5/13:
- Cover: The Weapons Master’s Choice by Terry Brooks, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Comment: Happy New Years, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: The Blood Gospel by James Rollins, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: World War Z by Max Brooks, read by Fantasy Literature
- Review: Blood and Bone by Ian Cameron Esslemont, read by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Interview: Gregg Rosenblum, posted by Sci-Fi Chick
- Comment: Peter David Stroke, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…