There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of The Best of All Possible Worlds by Karen Lord. Matt Staggs interviewed Amped, the new novel by Daniel H. Wilson. Tricia Barr posted Star Wars Power Couples. Fictional Frontiers posted 15 Minutes of Fiction with Dave Pressler. Thalia Sutton posted February 2013 Manga New Releases. And I posted video of Brandon Sanderson and Harriet McDougal, author and editor of A Memory of Light, as well as The Todd Lockwood Interior Artwork for Bloodfire Quest by Terry Brooks.
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com continued its re-read of A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin, Pyr Books featured a podcast with author James Enge, and Orbit Books acquired a self-published writer!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 2/16/13:
- Comment: New Series From Bradley Beaulieu, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Review: The Daylight War by Peter V. Brett, read by A Fantasy Reader
- Giveaway: River of Stars by Guy Gavriel Kay, posted by Fantasy Book Critic
- Interview: Patrick Rothfuss, posted by Fantasy Literature
- Excerpt: Mongoliad: Book Three, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Interview: Guy Gavriel Kay, conducted by SF Signal
- Comment: Stephen R. Donaldson Delivers Final Thomas Covenent Book, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…