There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of Star Wars: Into the Void by Tim Lebbon. To celebrate May the Fourth Be With You, Joe Scalora posted an excerpt from Star Wars: Crucible by Troy Denning! Matt Staggs asked, Little Characters with Big Stories? where he asks what characters should have expanded backstories. Thalia Sutton featured Greek Myth in Game of Thrones: Part 5, as well as the May 2013 New Manga Releases. Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I posted the ebook cover for The Black Irix by Terry Brooks!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com is re-reading A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin, Pyr Books posted the 2013 Hugo Award Nominations, and Orbit Books posted why you should read the Milkweed trilogy by Ian Tregillis.
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 5/4/13:
- Cover: The Black Irix by Terry Brooks, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Comment: May Releases, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: Necessary Evil by Ian Tregillis, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: London Falling by Paul Cornell, read by Fantasy Literature
- $0.99 Ebook: His Majesty’s Dragon by Naomi Novik, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Arclight by Josin L. McQuein, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Cover: The Very Best of Tad Williams by Tad Williams, posted by SF Signal
- Comment: Starz Adapting Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…