Del Rey Books and Hydra, the science fiction and fantasy imprints of the Random House Publishing Group, will be scheduling a limited number of original story pitch sessions and art portfolio reviews at Comic-Con International 2013 at the San Diego Convention Center. Session time slots will be available Thursday, July 18 through Sunday, July 21 at the Random House booth #1514.
To sign up for this rare opportunity, candidates must come to the Random House booth #1514 between 9:00-11:00am on the day of their desired session. Advance sign-ups for the following day will not be allowed. For example, if a candidate wants to sign up for a Saturday session, that candidate must come to the Random House booth on Saturday (and Saturday only) between 9:00-11:00am to secure a time slot.
Please also note:
- Session time slots will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Candidates will not be allowed to sign up (or line up) before 9:00am
- Candidates must have a Comic-Con badge in order to enter the convention center
- Badges will not be provided by the publisher
- Story pitches and portfolio reviews will be limited to 5-minute sessions
- All sessions will be timed
- Please keep your pitch short and to-the-point
- All story pitches should contain elements of science fiction or fantasy
- Candidates who arrive late to their scheduled session will not be allowed extra time
- Candidates who miss their scheduled session will not be allowed to sign up for a future session
ABOUT DEL REY BOOKS: Del Rey Books (http://www.delreybooks.com) was founded in 1977 as an imprint of Ballantine Books, a division of the Random House Publishing Group, under the guidance of the renowned Judy-Lynn del Rey and her husband, Lester del Rey. Del Rey publishes the best of modern fantasy, science fiction, and alternate history.
ABOUT HYDRA: On the forefront of sci-fi and fantasy publishing, Hydra is dedicated to transporting readers to new worlds with accessible and thought-provoking stories from rising star authors. Hydra encompasses all facets of the genre—from dark fantasy, to horror, hard sci-fi and all in between—and delivers these stories to digitally-savvy readers. Hydra is the first digital-only imprint of the Random House Publishing Group. For more information, visit http://ReadHydra.com.