There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of The Blood of Gods by Conn Iggulden. Sarah Peed posted Dear Readers: A Letter from Elizabeth Moon. Final Frontiers featured 15 Minutes of Fiction with Tim Lebbon! Matt Staggs Fun With Dead Things, and asked What the Heck is a Paladin Anyway? Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I took a Poll: When did you discover Game of Thrones!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com posted a review of Man of Steel, Pyr Books posted the Andre Norton Award Winner, and Orbit Books features Wastelands edited by John Joseph Adams.
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 6/15/13:
- Trailer: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Review: Quintessence by David Walton, read by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: The Red Knight by Miles Cameron, read by Fantasy Literature
- Excerpt: Emperor of Thorns by Mark Lawrence, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Movie Review: Man of Steel, posted by SF Signal
- Discussion: Game of Thrones Season 4, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”