There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of Witch Wraith by Terry Brooks. Logan Balestrino continued the Tolkien Re-Read: Fellowship of the Ring! Matt Staggs talks about the politically motivated history of comic books, and reviewed Joyland by Stephen King. Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I posted my Top 5 2013 Comic Con Exclusives!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com posted an early excerpt from Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson, Pyr Books posted the 2013 Chesley Award Nominations, and Orbit Books features an article by Elizabeth Moon concerning Grit vs Glory in fantasy writing.
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 7/6/13:
- Cover: Steles of the Sky by Elizabeth Bear, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Comment: 2013 July Releases, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Covers: Shadowdance series by David Dalgish, posted by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: Hunted by Kevin Hearne, read by Fantasy Literature
- Comment: Joe Abercombie On Writing Fantasy, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: The Last Policeman by Ben H. Winters, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Interview: John Marco, posted by SF Signal
- Comment: Maps of The World of Ice & Fire, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”