There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of Star Wars: Kenobi by John Jackson Miller. Fictional Frontiers featured 15 Minutes of Fiction with Troy Denning. Matt Staggs Took Five with Liesel Schwarz, author of A Clockwork Heart! Sarah Peed posted a Letter From Drew Karpyshyn, author of Children of Fire! Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I posted video from Terry Brooks’s recent Powell’s Books event where he talks about his forthcoming work, takes questions from the audience, and reads from next year’s Shannara novel, The High Druid’s Blade!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com continued its re-read of A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin, Pyr Books posted the 2013 Chesley Award Nominations, and Orbit Books posted the cover for The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks.
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 8/17/13:
- Cover: The High Druid’s Blade by Terry Brooks, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Cover: The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: Warbound by Larry Correia, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: Codex Born by Jim Hines, read by Fantasy Literature
- Interview: Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: The Darwin Elevator by Jason M. Hough, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Finalists: David Gemmell Award, posted by SF Signal
- Deleted Scene: Game of Thrones, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”