There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of The Exodus Towers by Jason M. Hough. Logan Balestrino continued Tolkien Re-Read: The Fellowship of the Ring. Matt Staggs Interviewed Claude Lalumiere, editor of Super Stories of Heroes and Villains! Matt also pondered The Virtues of Obi-Wan Kenobi! Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I posted the cover for The High Druid’s Blade by Terry Brooks, and posted the Poll: Dragons? Smart or Feral?!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com ask if Affleck is good for Batman, Pyr Books posted the 2013 Chesley Award Nominations, and Orbit Books posted the cover for The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks.
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 8/24/13:
- Guest Blog: Bradley P. Beaulieu, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Review: Black Bottle by Anthony Huso, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: Black Swan Rising by Lee Carroll, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: The Magicians by Lev Grossman, read by Fantasy Literature
- Review: Happy Hour In Hell by Tad Williams, read by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Rogue by Mark Sullivan, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Guest Blog: Shawn Speakman, posted by SF Signal
- Cover: A Different Kingdom by Paul Kearney, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”