There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of A Study in Darkness by Emma Jane Holloway. Abigail Garner posted about the Unbound Worlds Universe Community Spotlight. Matt Staggs video interviewed author Scott Lynch at the NYCC, as well as video interviewed author John Jackson Miller at the NYCC! Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I did a short interview with Robin Hobb after she announced that she would be returning to the world of Fitz & Fool, as well as interviewed James Dashner (The Eye of Minds) and Scott Lynch (The Republic of Thieves)!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 10/12/13:
- Comment: The Assassin’s Fool by Robin Hobb, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Finished: The Unholy Consult by R. Scott Bakker, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: Bloodfire Quest by Terry Brooks, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: Sword Sword by James Aitcheson, read by Fantasy Literature
- Review: Blood of Tyrants by Naomi Novik, read by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Stonecast by Anton Strout, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Guest Post: Tim Powers, posted by SF Signal
- Comment: Outlander TV Series Update, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”