There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of A Kiss the Night Goodbye by Keri Arthur. Thalia Sutton posted a Wrap Up of the New York Comic Con. Matt Staggs featured the 10th Anniversary Edition of Eragon by Christopher Paolini, as well as talked about the movie Gravity! Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I posted a poll, Do You Read Excerpts? as well as featured a video of Brandon Sanderson talking about his new book, Steelheart !
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 10/19/13:
- Review: The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch, read by A Dribble of Ink
- Review: Gardens of Stone by Mark T. Barnes, read by A Fantasy Reader
- Excerpt: Neverland’s Library, posted by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: Shaman by Kim Stanley Robinson, read by Fantasy Literature
- Excerpt: The Last Dark by Stephen R. Donaldson, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Star Wars: Empire & Rebellion by Martha Wells, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Comment: The Very Best of Tad Williams Table of Contents, posted by SF Signal
- Video: Scott Lynch talks Gentlemen Bastards, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”