There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of Old Mars by George R. R. Martin & Gardner Dozois. Thalia Sutton posts a spoiler-free review of The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. David Moench let’s you all know that Del Rey/Hydra are accepting book pitches for new work at the New York Comic Con! Matt Staggs Takes Five with Emma Jane Holloway, author of A Study In Silks! Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I interviewed Paul S. Kemp, author of The Godborn, as well as asked a movie question poll, What 2013 Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To?!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 10/5/13:
- Excerpt: The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Comment: October Releases, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch, posted by Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: Crossed Blades by Kelly McCullough, read by Fantasy Literature
- Movie Trailer: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: The Feros by Wesley King, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Movie Trailer: I, Frankenstein, posted by SF Signal
- Comment: The Unholy Consult by R. Scott Bakker, posted by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”