There are some great sci-fi/fantasy bloggers out there, fans who are devoting a lot of time and energy into supporting authors and their readers. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and with the menagerie of unique and very different individuals out there contributing, it produces a whole that is better than its parts.
Last week, Unbound Worlds featured the First 50 Pages of Red Rising by Pierce Brown. Thalia Sutton reviewed the manga Kingdom of the Winds. Matt Staggs featured author Robin Hobb, who conducted an Ask Me Anything on Reddit, as well as interviewed Hydra editor Sarah Peed! Eric Geller featured the newest Star Wars HoloNet Digest. And I asked you guys What Book Should I Read Next? as well as featured the UK cover for Unfettered!
In other areas of the professional internet(s), Tor.com posted an excerpt from the forthcoming Mentats of Dune by Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson, Pyr Books compared The Barrow by Mark Smylie to George R. R. Martin’s work, and Orbit Books released the cover for the UK edition of Unfettered edited by yours truly!
Here are some of the blogging highlights I found outside of Unbound Worlds week ending 1/25/14:
- Excerpt: Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson, posted by A Dribble of Ink
- Comment: January Releases, posted by A Fantasy Reader
- Review: Dirty Magic trilogy by Jaye Wells, read by Fantasy Book Critic
- Comment: Powells: A Great Bookstore, posted by Fantasy Literature
- Excerpt: Dreamwalker by C.S. Friedman, posted by Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: He Drank, and Saw the Spider by Alex Bledsoe, read by Sci-Fi Chick
- Fundraiser: To Help Author Jay Lake, posted by SF Signal
- An Update: The Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin, pontificated by Wertzone
I highly recommend all Unbound Worlds readers to visit these fine examples of sci-fi / fantasy blog work! Get involved, post your thoughts, and enjoy what else is out there!
And feel free to talk about it or anything else on our Forum here!
Till next week…
Shawn Speakman is the author of The Dark Thorn, an urban/epic fantasy hybrid novel bestselling author Terry Brooks calls, “a fine tale by a talented writer.”