Rogues by George R. R. Martin & Gardner Dozois will publish June 17, 2014!
For those of you paying attention, you may realize that is a great deal earlier than the original September 2014 publication date. Rogues is an anthology featuring some of the best writers working today, including my favorites Patrick Rothfuss, Daniel Abraham, Neil Gaiman, and Joe Abercrombie. This is a book that I have known about for over a year and my excitement has grown with every passing month.
And now it is publishing sooner! It’s going to be a great summer!
Here is the line-up for Rogues:
- George R.R. Martin “Everybody Loves a Rogue” (Introduction)
- Joe Abercrombie “Tough Times All Over”
- Gillian Flynn “What Do You Do?”
- Matthew Hughes “The Inn of the Seven Blessings”
- Joe R. Lansdale “Bent Twig”
- Michael Swanwick “Tawny Petticoats”
- David Ball “Provenance”
- Carrie Vaughn “The Roaring Twenties”
- Scott Lynch “A Year and a Day in Old Theradane”
- Bradley Denton “Bad Brass”
- Cherie Priest “Heavy Metal”
- Daniel Abraham “The Meaning of Love”
- Paul Cornell “A Better Way to Die”
- Steven Saylor “Ill Seen in Tyre”
- Garth Nix “A Cargo of Ivories”
- Walter Jon Williams “Diamonds From Tequila”
- Phyllis Eisenstein “The Caravan to Nowhere”
- Lisa Tuttle “The Curious Affair of the Dead Wives”
- Neil Gaiman “How the Marquis Got His Coat Back”
- Connie Willis “Now Showing”
- Patrick Rothfuss “The Lightning Tree”
- George R. R. Martin “The Rogue Prince, or, the King’s Brother”
Many of you will notice that there is an extra story now that did not exist when the anthology was originally announced last year! That’s because George R. R. Martin has decided to include an additional story! Similar in scope to Dangerous Women‘s The Princess and the Queen, Archmaester Gyldayn is back to recount another piece of his unpublished history. The Rogue Prince, or, the King’s Brother is the story of the years leading up to the calamitous events in The Princess and the Queen! So a new piece from the mega-successful A Song of Ice & Fire!
“We’ve got something for everyone in ROGUES — SF, mystery, historical fiction, epic fantasy, sword and sorcery, comedy, tragedy, crime stories, mainstream. And rogues, cads, scalawags, con men, thieves, and scoundrels of all descriptions,” says George R. R. Martin. “And much sooner than expected.”
Rogues edited by George R. R. Martin & Gardner Dozois will publish now on June 17, 2014!
Trust no one!