He passed away in 2001 but he left his work behind for us to enjoy forever, work that has influenced many writers through the decades. Along with anthologist Gardner Dozois, Greg & Astrid Bear have gathered short stories and essays from some of the best names in speculative fiction and published them in Multiverse: Exploring Poul Anderson’s Worlds.
For instance, Terry Brooks contributed The Fey of Cloudmoor, a sequel to the Anderson short story The Queen of Air and Darkness, an important influence on Terry when he first started writing fantasy.
Other contributors wrote stories set in Anderson’s worlds as well. MultiverseMultiverse signed by those in the table of contents below, click HERE to buy from Subterranean Press!
If you want a $40.00 trade hardcover edition (1500 fully cloth bound hardcover copies) signed by Terry Brooks, Nancy Kress, Greg Bear and Astrid Bear, visit The Signed Page!
Here is the Table of Contents:
- Introduction: My Friend Poul by Greg Bear
- Outmoded Things by Nancy Kress
- The Man Who Came Late by Harry Turtledove
- A Slip in Time by S. M. Stirling
- Living and Working with Poul Anderson by Karen Anderson
- Dancing on the Edge of the Dark by C. J. Cherryh
- The Lingering Joy by Stephen Baxter
- Operation Xibalba by Eric Flint
- Tales Told by Astrid Anderson Bear
- The Fey of Cloudmoor by Terry Brooks
- Christmas in Gondwanaland by Robert Silverberg
- Latecomers by David Brin
- An Appreciation of Poul Anderson by Jerry Pournelle
- A Candle by Raymond E. Feist
- The Far End by Larry Niven
- Bloodpride by Gregory Benford
- Three Lilies and Three Leopards (And a Participation Ribbon in Science) by Tad Williams
Dust jacket and interior illustrations by Bob Eggleton
If you are looking for some fantastic science fiction, Multiverse might be the exact thing you need to find. It is available on the Subterranean Press website as well as on The Signed Page. I mean, look at that line-up! Some of the best writers working today all paying homage to a grandmaster and his life’s work. Powerful stuff!
Hope you visit the Multiverse!